Are you currently taking a prescription drug? Today, more Americans are prescribed pharmaceutical drugs today than ever before.
There are pills for high blood pressure, cholesterol control, pain management, anxiety, ADD, depression, and more. But are they doing more harm than good?
In this guide, Texas Board Certified Attorney Kay Van Wey shares pharmaceutical industry secrets, examines dangerous drugs that have been pulled off the market, and explains which dangerous drugs that are still on the market.
Here are a few insights you will find inside about the pharmaceutical industry and the drugs they produce:
- A drug that is advertised as “safe” on television today can actually kill you
- Some prescription drugs have led to heart attacks, stroke, birth defects, organ damage, and even death
- There are currently more than two pharmaceutical lobbyists for every member of Congress
- Drug companies have been known to pay doctors to promote their drugs
- Adverse drug reactions are among the top 10 causes of death in the United States
In addition, Kay shares information about the following potentially dangerous drugs that are currently on the market, including:
- Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics (FLQs) – linked to peripheral neuropathy and permanent nerve damage
- Xarelto – a drug without an antidote that can cause a victim to bleed to death internally
- Pradaxa – also a drug that lacks an antidote and can cause gastrointestinal bleeding, brain hemorrhaging, kidney bleeding and death
- Testosterone – linked to increased risk of heart attack and stroke
- Risperdal – ADHD medication linked to gynecomastia in adolescent boys
- Lipitor – heart medication linked to an increased risk of type 2 diabetes
- Byetta – diabetes drug linked to pancreatic cancer
- Januvia and Janumet – diabetes drugs linked to pancreatic cancer