Birth Injuries from Medical Missteps
In a time when you should be brimming with excitement for your baby’s arrival, that joy can be quickly destroyed by a tragic oversight made by a medical professional.This can be devastating, but you’re not alone. Our belief is unwavering: every child is entitled to optimal care, and those who falter in this duty must be held accountable. With a seasoned team of birth injury attorneys by your side, we’re relentless in our pursuit to demand responsibility for the harms caused during labor and delivery.
Revolutionary Attorneys Elevating Healthcare Standards
Our mission transcends obtaining compensation for catastrophic birth injuries. We aim to ignite change, to elevate healthcare standards so that every newborn receives the care they deserve. In fighting for your child, we also fight for a future where such tragedies are less likely to occur.
Financial compensation, while maybe not the forefront of your mind, is vital. It secures your child’s future and ensures all their needs—medical and otherwise—are met.
Compassionate Legal Guidance
Combining legal acumen with heartfelt empathy, our team in Dallas stands with you. We strive to lighten your load, shouldering the practical and financial challenges on your behalf. Our goal is to be more than your lawyers—we are your steadfast allies, relentlessly seeking justice for your child.
Reach Out for Support
If a medical error has altered the course of your child’s life, it’s time to speak with us. We welcome your calls, your emails—your story. Connect with us for guidance and to arrange a consultation with a Texas birth injury lawyer at (866) 329-0765.
Additionally, we handle catastrophic birth injury cases in almost every state. Together, we strive for the justice your family warrants.
Recognizing Potential Symptoms of Birth Injuries
If you’re concerned about the possibility of a birth injury, being vigilant about certain symptoms is crucial. Below is a list of symptoms that may indicate a birth injury occurred during labor and delivery. If you observe any of these, consider consulting with a medical professional and possibly birth injury attorneys to explore your options.
- Unusual Motor Skills Development: If your child is displaying difficulty in reaching developmental milestones related to motor skills, such as grasping, walking, or crawling, it may be indicative of a birth injury affecting areas of the brain responsible for these functions.
- Difficulty with Muscle Control: Signs that a child might develop cerebral palsy (CP), a condition often resulting from birth injuries, can include muscle stiffness or floppiness, spasms, or problems with coordination and balance.
- Issues with the Umbilical Cord: Complications during labor and delivery involving the umbilical cord, such as entanglement or compression, can lead to hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE), which is a type of brain injury that occurs due to a lack of adequate oxygenated blood to the baby during labor and delivery.
- Abnormal MRI Findings: Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can reveal damage to parts of the brain, which may be due to a head trauma or reduced oxygen supply. This can signal various types of birth injuries, including CP and HIE.
- Variations in Blood Pressure: High or low maternal blood pressure during delivery can affect a baby’s oxygen supply, potentially leading to brain cells damage and birth injuries.
- Seizures: The onset of seizures shortly after birth may suggest brain injuries, often pointing to an underlying issue that may have been caused by medical malpractice during labor and delivery.
- Developmental Delays: Any significant lag in cognitive, social, speech,or physical development could be a sign of developmental delay due to a birth injury. Regular assessments are important to monitor the child’s progress.
- Breathing Problems: Difficulties in breathing or requiring resuscitation at birth may indicate hypoxic injuries, which can have lasting effects on a child’s quality of life and life expectancy.
These symptoms include some of the more common indications of a birth injury, but this list is not exhaustive. Early diagnosis and intervention can be crucial in managing the consequences of birth injuries and improving outcomes. If you suspect your child has suffered from a birth injury due to possible medical malpractice, seeking legal advice may help ensure the necessary resources are available for your child’s care and future quality of life.
Contact Us for Support
Need assistance? Your call or email is welcome. Discuss your case with us today. (866) 329-0765 | Schedule A Consultation